Friday, August 8, 2008

P.T. Legare 400 CSM




This is my latest/newest antique circular sock machine (the age is somewhere around 100 years old) ~ a P.T. Legare 400 that came from Quebec Canada. Won on auction on 8/8/08. Just a couple of auction pics here before I post my own photos of this machine all cleaned up after being restored. Restoring is really not hard to do ... it is fiddly however and if you aren't mechanically inclined, there are many expert restorers to send your machine to, or to purchase your machine from. I would highly recommend doing that if you don't like to getting your hands dirty. However, I grew up playing in the mud ... and I love to tinker with mechanical things and figure out how and why they work so this was fun for me to clean up and get it going.

No comments: